Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Ready

I can report that I am down 12 pounds, friends!

You know, this journey for me is not just about the weight. I have been on a mission to stare all of the things I've wanted to address for so long but didn't know how right in the face.

It's not an easy task.

  • It's hard to change patterns that you've established for yourself. 
  • It's hard to change habits that have long been part of your life.
  • It's hard to admit that rather than facing all of your "demons" you've been checking-out emotionally.
  • It's hard to be vulnerable with people about your shortcomings, but what has been done in the darkness will continue to grow unless it is exposed by the light.


    I'm ready for the light to expose the darkness.
    I'm ready to stop checking-out emotionally because I'm
    too afraid to face what's on my plate. 
    I'm ready to find my identity in HIM, rather than the
    numbers on the scale or pats on the back. 
    I'm ready grow up spiritually.
    I'm ready to grow up emotionally.
    I'm ready to start living as the person He created me to be.
    I'm ready to stop making excuses.

    Let's get 'er done.

    2 comments:

    1. Girl, I am so proud of you! I love that you journaling your journey! And because of that I want to give you something. Because I have been blessed by your blog, I am giving you an award. Come by my blog to check it out!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love you dear friend! I'm so proud of you! Because you are making the right steps and changing the core of who you are - you will truly transform yourself. Love you!

      ReplyDelete